Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What's New is Old

Pug ruined my brand new silk dress. Accident, of course, but I nearly had a heart attack! I'd bought it for myself on a whim last night while Hanukkah shopping (oops), and because it was no drop in bucket I had planned to keep the tags on while getting the opinions of him, my mom, and my sister. I tried it on before bed and asked Pug to get the zipper, not realizing he'd just thoroughly pampered his dry hands with moisturizing lotion. Well he grabbed that dress every inche along the zipper line up the back trying to close it. I know because it now has white lotion stains EVERYWHERE. Yea, not pretty, and bit too Monica Lewinsky-ish looking for my taste. And those darn stains would not come out. So, needless to say, I'm now keeping the dress and will have the unexpected pleasure of paying to dry clean it before I wear it next month. A real joy.

In happier news, we finally hung pictures from our wedding, etc. today. And of course it took forever because everything had to be perfectly straight. We used my prized laser level (which was the most thoughtful gift anyone's ever given me!!) all afternoon. So I was again in my element, and the dress incident is now (almost) forgotten.

The weather is simply beautiful, and we can't wait for tomorrow! Happy, happy Thanksgiving, all! All my love :)

I'm gonna go shopping again. Bye.

No comments: