Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Professional Advice

I stopped at Wendy's after school tonight to grab a salad. The cashier guy asked me what kind of dressing I wanted, so I said fat free honey mustard. He stopped, looked down over me across the counter, and seriously said, "No. I'm giving you the full fat one. You need it." Oh. Ok.

I'm not used to complete strangers telling me what I should and shouldn't eat. Well, actually, he went a step further than advice-giving and outwardly refused to give me what I asked for! But I had to laugh! He had a lot of nerve. I'm admittedly not a very big woman, but I'm not withering away by any means either, so what the heck? Regardless, none of random man-behind-the-counter's business! Geez.

Anyway, I feel so lucky because I have the most beautiful tree right outside my window that's bright orange and red, and I stare at it all day when I do work. It's the nicest one in the whole development (I verified), and it's tucked back behind the building for only a few of us lucky ones to enjoy. It's pretty and makes me so happy.

Kimmy's wedding this weekend! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need to eat a little more if perfect strangers are commenting

take a photo of the tree with your cellphone or camera to save it

Keith said...

You say you're "not a very big woman." I might describe you as petite... and maybe even as someone who can fit into GAP Kids clothes. But you never pass up the opportunity to eat at Golden Corral. You blow my mind.