Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Returning to the Womb?


My mammy's back from China.  Hooray.  So excited to go home tomorrow!

I had an MRI done yesterday and I was neeeeervous.  Some say it's like being shoved into a coffin. I agree.  But it wasn't all that bad.  In fact, some fleeting moments were downright pleasant.  Like the loud noises.  Most people complain about the noise, but I thought it really spiced up an otherwise snooze-worthy experience.  Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.  Like a nightclub, only you couldn't dance.  I wanted to ask for the soundtrack.  


It's the whole "I'm surrounded by this big hunkin thing and can't get out" thing that's scary.  The tech person offered me an eye mask, which I gratefully accepted.  This way, you can't see anything when they shove you in the tube with the ceiling only inches from your face.  I'm quite sure I would have lost it if I'd kept my eyes open the whole time.  Shutting them created the illusion that there was actually space between my body and the big ole magnet.  


I write this to un-scare anyone who, like me, clams up at just the thought of having an MRI. I promise, if you shut your eyes the whole time, it's much more enjoyable than you'd imagine.  I lived to tell the tale, and so, my friend, can you. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if that towel ever got clean what with your dirty self in the dryer and all...hehe. You are quite the contortionist that you are able to fully fit within the confines of the dryer. It is a wonder I didnt shut the door and turn it on...just kidding. Anyway I am so proud of your efforts with getting the MRI done all on your own!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job of conquering your fear!

Funny photo.

Unknown said...

Um... MRI?? What for???