Saturday, February 21, 2009

The snozberries taste like snozberries

Oh Lord. My sister, dainty as a flower. 

Here we have Bec in her new uniform (seemingly doing some sort of a Russian folk dance). Whooo boy did I laugh when she walked out wearing that ridiculous getup. We instantly nicknamed her Violet (from Willy Wonka, of course). This photo just does not do justice to the true massiveness of the uniform. It's gigantic, and about as FAR from form-fitting as it gets. But I particularly like the steel toed boots. Those are big time. Don't mess with her.  

I'm glad she can laugh at herself, because she'll have the pleasure of wearing this daily for at least the next two years. Don't get me wrong--I have nothing but respect for our armed forces, but put a tiny girl in a big ole blue uniform, and who can help but bust a button laughing? 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, finally a Super Troopers reference...I am so proud of my wife!! But seriously, Becca is one imposing figure. I would not want to meet her dressed like that in a dark alley. She might pull out a Bowie knife and really get busy. Or it could be like in the Mask when Jim Carrey pulls out all sorts of stuff from his pant's pockets like bazookas and rubber chickens. Hmm...I wonder what Bec would pull out...

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm such a tool. I really look much more ridiculous than scary in this uniform. I love how the guy at the uniform shop called me a "blue marshmellow" when I tried it on, and my boss always hums the smurf song when she sees someone wearing it. It will be an interesting next 2 years. Not so sure why I'm doing a dance, but glad I could make my sister laugh a little. :)