Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My new workout buddy

If you couldn't prove me wrong by pointing out the obvious that John Kerry is in Denver, I'd start a rumor that he was kickin it at the gym next to me today. And, in my rumor, he'd be wearing shoooort shorts.  I seriously did a double take when I saw this guy. Boo, I never get to see anyone famous. Well, actually, I saw Hillary Clinton on K Street last year while I was on the bus to work. She looked to be barking orders at two men beside her. Shocking.

Speaking of senators, and on a serious note, please take a minute to check out The Whole Child Initiative to support increased recruitment and retention of school-based mental health staff, particularly in low-income areas where the need is the greatest.  I wholeheartedly believe that the support provided by school counselors, school psychologists, and social workers is critical to the academic achievement of all students.  Please consider sending a quick email to your representatives and senators in support of this initiative.  It'll only take a minute :) 

No comments: